- 20 oz ground pork (or any ground meat/poultry)
- 2 to 3 small scallions
- 1/2 to 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt (I love salt so you may want to start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (optional)
Mix all ingredients really well. Form sliders (small burgers – roughly 2 oz each), fry in cast iron skillet or whatever you prefer, until cooked all the way through. That’s it.
I ate them with some left over cabbage I had sauteed in tallow and homemade sauerkraut. However, I bet they would go great with with Cuban Style “Rice” or on Grain-Free Hamburger Buns. You could also make them smaller, stick a toothpick in them, and serve as an appetizer with some kind of sauce.